Brent Crews Earns Motul Pole Award at Road America One Year After Record-Breaking Win and Pole
July 8, 2023
Machavern and Kvapil Qualify in TopThree
Matos, Crews and Machavern Fastest in Practice
ELKHART LAKE, Wis. (July 8, 2023) – Practice and qualifying are complete for the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli’s Big Machine Vodka SPIKED Coolers TA2 Series at Road America. 15-year-old Brent Crews took home the Motul Pole Award for the 3-Dimensional Services Group 100 after setting a new track record of 2:10.719 in his No. 70 Franklin Road/Mobil 1/GEARWRENCH Ford Mustang. Last year at the same Elkhart Lake facility, Crews made history as the youngest pole winner in Trans Am history at 14 years, three months and three days old. The following day he became the series’ youngest winner ever at 14 years, three months and four days old.
“This is my favorite track; I love this place and this is a great state,” said Crews. “This racetrack has always been my favorite ever since I came here for the first time, and then qualifying on the pole and winning last year definitely put it even higher on my list. We are starting on the right track this weekend. We had a great racecar last year and so far this year, so I’m looking forward to the race.”
Qualifying Top Five:
1. Brent Crews, No. 70 Franklin Road/Mobil 1/GEARWRENCH Ford Mustang (2:10.719)
2. Dillon Machavern, No. 17 SLR-M1 Race Cars Ford Mustang (2:11.121)
3. Carson Kvapil, No. 8 SLR-M1 Race Cars Chevrolet Camaro (2:11.163)
4. Rafa Matos, No. 88 3-Dimensional Services Group Ford Mustang (2:11.174)
5. Connor Mosack, No. 28 SLR-M1 Race Cars Ford Mustang (2:11.181)
Full qualifying results can be found here.
Practice Top Five:
1. Rafa Matos, No. 88 3-Dimensional Services Group Ford Mustang (2:09.760)
2. Brent Crews, No. 70 Franklin Road/Mobil 1/GEARWRENCH Ford Mustang (2:09.809)
3. Dillon Machavern, No. 17 SLR-M1 Race Cars Ford Mustang (2:10.321)
4. Thomas Merrill, No. 26 Bennett/HP Tuners/Mike Cope Race Cars Ford Mustang (2:10.471)
5. Austin Green, No. 89 3-Dimensional Services Group Chevrolet Camaro (2:11.129)
Full practice results can be found here.
The race will be contested on Sunday, July 9 at 12:30 p.m. CT. It will be broadcast LIVE on MAVTV and can be streamed live here.
The re-broadcast of the Big Machine Vodka SPIKED Coolers TA2 Series race will air on MAVTV on Thursday, July 13 at 8:00 p.m. ET.