Justin Marks Tops TA Practice at Lime Rock Park
May 27, 2023
Lowry Fastest in XGT, Sanders Best in SGT, Saia Quick in GT
Practice at Lime Rock Park is complete for the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli’s TA/XGT/SGT/GT classes. Justin Marks in the No. 99 Trackhouse Chevrolet Camaro was fastest in the session with a 50.011. The CD Racing cars of Matthew Brabham (No. 20 GYM WEED Ford Mustang) and Chris Dyson (No. 16 GYM WEED Ford Mustang) were second and third fastest, respectively.
Danny Lowry (No. 42 Bennett/BridgeHaul/Pitboxes.com Mercedes AMG GT3) topped the XGT class, Ricky Sanders (No. 18 BridgeHaul/Bennett/Pitboxes.com Chevrolet Corvette) was quickest in the SGT class, and Michael Saia (No. 13 KMC/Rabid Wraps/Rapid Performance Management Porsche GT3 Cup 997.1) was the fastest GT class competitor.
The TA/XGT/SGT/GT race will be contested Monday at 1:10 p.m. ET and will be streamed live here. The TV broadcast of the race will air on MAVTV on Thursday, June 1 at 9:00 p.m. ET.
TA Practice Top Five
1. Justin Marks, No. 99 Trackhouse Chevrolet Camaro (50.011)
2. Matthew Brabham, No. 20 GYM WEED Ford Mustang (50.174)
3. Chris Dyson, No. 16 GYM WEED Ford Mustang (50.244)
4. Tomy Drissi, No. 8 Lucas Oil Ford Mustang (50.878)
5. Amy Ruman, No. 23 McNichols Co. Chevrolet Corvette (52.027)
1. Danny Lowry, No. 42 Bennett/BridgeHaul/Pitboxes.com Mercedes AMG GT3 (53.443)
2. Randy Hale, No. 31 Hale Motorsports/Marsh Racing Chevrolet Corvette (58.212)
1. Ricky Sanders, No. 18 BridgeHaul/Bennett/Pitboxes.com Chevrolet Corvette (57.587)
1. Michael Saia, No. 13 KMC/Rabid Wraps/Rapid Performance Management Porsche GT3 Cup 997.1 (58.403)
2. Michael Attaway, No. 91 Bennett/BridgeHaul/Pitboxes.com Audi R8 (1:03.142)
Full practice results can be found here.