Lucas SlickMist Driver Tomy Drissi Wins Both Races In Double Duty At Laguna Seca Weekend
May 5, 2021
Salinas, CA (May 5, 2021) – Lucas Oil SlickMist Championship driver, Tomy Drissi, brings home first place in both Trans Am Presented by Pirelli and Historic Trans Am at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. In addition to the late model Chevy Camaro by Burtin Racing in the top tier Trans Am class, Drissi also raced his original Factory Jim Hall Chaparral Trans Am 1970 Chevy Camaro in the SVRA Historic Trans Am class-- the same car that was raced in Trans Am in the early 70s by both Jim Hall and Vic Elford. This marks the first win of 2021 for Drissi.
“It was such a battle out there today and I am just so happy for the whole Burtin Racing team and Lucas Oil SlickMist for our first victory of the season. Thank you for the support from the series, from all my friends and family who made the trip from LA to watch the race and to my team and my sponsors for making this possible.” said Drissi. “I didn’t want my first 2021 win in Trans Am to be like this,” Drissi said of the late race drama “but I’ve had my times where the same thing has happened to me, so I will take it.”
Drissi held Vic Elford in his heart as he raced the #1 Chaparral Camaro this weekend. To join Drissi and Redmen in their efforts to help Vic Elford and his family during this trying time, we encourage you to donate via the following link: https://bit.ly/3aJyNwz
Heading into Round 4 at Lime Rock, Drissi is one of the top contenders for the 2021 championship. You can follow Tomy Drissi and Lucas Oil SlickMist on May 31, 2021 by downloading the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli app in the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store or by following Tomy Drissi on his social media on the links below.
About Lucas SlickMist:
Lucas Oil SlickMist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use SlickMist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
Follow Lucas Oil on Social Media at:
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
· 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
· 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
· 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
· 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
· 2009 Trans-Am Champion
· 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
· 2011 Drissi teamed up with Kyle Marcelli for a return to the American Le Mans LMPC division.
He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
· 2012 Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
· 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
· 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
· 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
· 2015 IMSA Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
· 2016 IMSA WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
· 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
· 2017 IMSA WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
· 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
· 2018 Part Time National Championship TA Season Win at Walkins Glen
· 2019 Part Time National Championship TA Season Trans Am Series, 5 podiums, 7 top fives
· 2020 National Championship Trans Am Season 1 win, 6 podiums, 7 top fives
· Career: 19 wins, 64 podiums, 88 top fives and 12 poles
Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
Follow Tomy Drissi on Social Media:
For media inquiries and booking opportunities:
Contact Julia - firstname.lastname@example.org