Lux Performance Group
Lux Performance Team Bio
Lux Performance Group, LLC was established in 1994. Based in Portland, Oregon, with a blend of business excellence and automotive passion.
Lux Performance Group, LLC presents a unique, single point of contact for those interested in any automotive or motorsports program. With a full in-house fabrication division, creations designed on a cocktail napkin come to fruition. Lux Performance Group has developed the procedures and processes within the motorsport arena to cover everything from full race car builds and at-track support to driver development. Unique projects like custom electric bike designs are also within reach of the extensive engineering know-how of the Fred and Cindi Lux-owned operation.
With Cindi’s skill set leaning towards the marketing and driving side of the automotive industry, she oversees the business aspects of the company. This includes consulting services in the many different areas of today’s motorsports world such as media events, public relations and public speaking as well as team startup and development, sponsorship relations, authoring pieces for magazines and event coordination.
Co-owner is creative Fred Lux. From 1986-'92, Fred headed the Mitsubishi factory efforts in multiple professional road racing, street-stock series winning several championships. Mitsubishi also called on their North American expert to oversee victories at Baja and in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Beyond motorsports, Fred Lux, who is considered not only a mechanical but also an electronics genius, has worked with Boyd Coddington to create special project cars for Mitsubishi. A brilliant engineer, Fred also assists robotics companies in the design, develop and building of unmanned robots for military and police use. He also designed and built a robot for the MTV show “BattleBots”.
Trans Am Series - SGT Class Team Results: Dodge Viper ACR-X
- 2015 – 6 races entered. 3 poles, 5 wins, two second-place finishes, 7 podiums, 10 Top-Five, 1 Track Record. Rookie of the Year in TA3
- 2016 – 5 races entered. 2 poles, 3 wins, five second-place finishes, 8 podiums
- 2017 – 5 races entered. 2 poles, 2 wins, one second-place finish, 3 podiums, , 2 Track Records
- 2018 – 5 races entered. SGT Northern Cup Champion, 1 pole, 1 win, 4 podiums, 8 Top-10, 1 Track Record
- 2019 – 5 races entered. 1 pole, one 1st, one second-place finish, 3 podiums, 5 Top-10.
- 2020 – Did Not Race Due to Covid Restrictions
- 2021 – 4 races entered. 4 poles, 4 wins, two second-place finishes, one third-place finish, 7 podiums, and 2 Track Records
- 30 races entered
- 16 wins
- 13 poles
- 32 podiums
- 6 New Track Records
- SGT Northern Cup Champion in SGT 2018 and Rookie of the Year in TA3 in 2015