TeamSLR’s Connor Mosack Kicks off 2023 with TA2 Pole at Sebring
February 24, 2023
SEBRING, Fla. (February 24, 2022) – Practice and qualifying are in the books for the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli’s Big Machine Vodka SPIKED Coolers TA2 Series at Sebring International Raceway. Connor Mosack in the No. 28 Open Eyes/SLR-M1 Ford Mustang earned the Motul Pole Award with a best time of 2:05.884. Mosack, who earned five poles in 2022, continues his pattern of fast qualifying times. The 24-year-old is also coming off a pole award in the ARCA Menards Series last weekend at Daytona International Speedway. Mosack is only expected to run two Trans Am events in 2023, with 23 NASCAR Xfinity Series races and six ARCA starts on his schedule following two successful years of TA2 competition.
“A big thank you to Scott Lagasse and his guys,” said Mosack. “This car is always really good, and we had a great qualifying run. I think we’ll be good in the race tomorrow, we probably will just need a few adjustments. Big thanks to Open Eyes for being on our car. I wish we could do more races this year, but it’s obviously good to be back and have good speed.”
Qualifying Top Five:
1. Connor Mosack, No. 28 Open Eyes/SLR-M1 Race Cars Ford Mustang (2:05.884)
2. Rafa Matos, No. 88 3-Dimensional Services Group Ford Mustang (2:06.052)
3. Austin Green, No. 89 3-Dimensional Services Group Ford Mustang (2:06.866)
4. Thomas Merrill, No. 26 Bennett/HP Tuners/Mike Cope Race Cars Ford Mustang (2:06.884)
5. Brent Crews, No. 70 Nitro Motorsports Ford Mustang (2:07.104)
Full qualifying results can be found here.
Practice Top Five:
1. Austin Green, No. 89 3-Dimensional Services Group Ford Mustang (2:06.429)
2. Rafa Matos, No. 88 3-Dimensional Services Group Ford Mustang (2:06.760)
3. Nathan Herne, No. 29 CUBE 3 /Berryman Ford Mustang (2:06.832)
4. Connor Mosack, No. 28 SLR-M1 Race Cars Ford Mustang (2.07.102)
5. Brent Crews, No. 70 Nitro Motorsports Ford Mustang (2:07.309)
Full practice results can be found here.
The race will be contested on Saturday, February 25 at 12:45 p.m. ET and can be streamed live at the links below. The TV broadcast of the race will air on MAVTV on Thursday, March 2 at 8:00 p.m. ET.