TOMY DRISSI AND LUCAS SLICK MIST TO START THEIR 2020 TRANS AM CHAMPIONSHIP RUN AT SEBRING
February 28, 2020
Sebring, FL (28 February, 2020) – Tomy “The Rockin Moroccan” Drissi and Lucas Oil’s Lucas Slick Mist are primed for the 2020 Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli Championship this weekend at Sebring International Raceway. Success at Sebring is nothing new to Drissi where he kicked off the 2019 season on the front row.
“Sebring is always one of my favorite tracks to be at. Not just because of the incredible fans and history here but Sebring also marks the start of the Trans Am season and we get to see all of the improvements and hard work that we put into the car over the break.” Drissi said off camera.
Success is not without its challenges for the former Trans Am Rookie of the Year and Champion. In 2019 Drissi was forced to take some time off due to injuries, however, he was quick to rebound and finished off the season strong.
“I’m glad to be back and I’m looking forward to a good year. We’ve been able to make a lot of improvements to the car and The Lucas Slick Mist Camaro is going to come out fighting.” Drissi said when asked about the 2020 Season. “I’m proud to be a part of the Lucas Oil family and to represent the Slick Mist product.”
Sebring International Raceway is home to the season opener for Trans Am presented by Pirelli Championship race for 2020. The first race at this historic track was on New Years Eve of 1950 and was home to the first United States Formula 1 race, the United States Grand Prix. The track is located at the Sebring Regional Airport and has undergone many safety changes over the years, however, it maintains the history and character that make it one of the greatest North American road racing courses.
Round 1 of the 2020 Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli Championship at Sebring International Raceway starts at 11:10am on Sunday March 1, 2020.
About Lucas Slick Mist:
Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
Follow Lucas Oil on Social Media at:
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi winner IMSA driver and Trans Am champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
- 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
- 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
- 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
- 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
- 2009 Trans-Am Champion
- 2010 ALMS (one off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
- 2011 saw Tomy’s return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
- 2012, Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Lagna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
- 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
- 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
- 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
- 2015 TUDOR Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2016 WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
- 2017 WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
- 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
- 13 wins, 51 podiums, approximately 75 top fives and 12 poles
- Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
Follow Tomy Drissi on Social Media at the folowing:
Insta and Twitter: twitter.com/tomydrissi
For media inquiries and booking opportunities, contact:
Cezel Cabatit at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli:
The Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli began igniting the passion of motorsports fans across the world in 1966 and has been home to some of the greatest names in road racing. Today, Trans Am continues to honor its legacy, while challenging the status quo in racing, through meaningful racing platforms and a driver-oriented focus. The Trans Am Series is operated by The Trans Am Race Company, LLC (TARC), and oversees the management and marketing of the Trans Am Series, presented by Pirelli. SCCA Pro Racing sanctions Trans Am events and provides operations services to the Series.
2018 Champions include: Ernie Francis, Jr. (TA), Rafa Matos (TA2), Alline Cipriani (SGT) and Warren Dexter (GT).
For more on the Series visit www.gotransam.com, “like” Trans Am on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gotransam, or follow Trans Am on Twitter @gotransam
For media inquiries, contact:
Amy Greenway at email@example.com
Matt Cleary at firstname.lastname@example.org