Wicked Slick Tomy Drissi and Lucas SlickMist Drive it to the Top at Brainerd at the Jed Copham Memorial
July 15, 2020
Brainerd, MN (July 12, 2020) – Tomy Drissi stormed into Brainerd International Raceway for The Ryan Companies Jed Copham Tribute Weekend and masterfully piloted the Lucas SlickMist adorned Camaro to the top of the All-Star podium. Victory did not come without its challenges.
After starting the Burtin Racing Camaro on the front row, Drissi and Amy Ruman battled for second after the green flag dropped. Drissi regained the position and pull away from Ruman a few laps before Ernie Francis Jr. retired with technical difficulties, putting the 2009 Trans-Am Champion in first with a comfortable lead and more than half the race left.
“I was patient today,” said Drissi. “Burtin Racing gives me a lot of confidence. We would not be as fast without Lucas Oil Slick Mist. It is great to be P1 at Brainerd. I am sorry that Ernie had the misfortune. It has been 10 years since I was here, and they have done a wonderful job, it looks amazing. It was like Jed (Copham) was riding along with me in the car. I finished second last time I was here, so it is great to be on top!
“Amy is such a good competitor” Drissi said after the race, “neither of us were going to give in to each other. You could tell she had a lot of motor coming out of the corners, but I finally got her and went for Ernie. I was looking forward to catching up to him but unfortunately, he had to pull off. Everything was great, the track was great, the fans were great. Burtin Racing set the car up great and that Lucas SlickMist Camaro has never looked better than it does in the winner’s circle. I can’t thank the all the guys at Lucas and Claudio (Burtin) and the Burtin team enough.”
Coming out of Brainerd, Drissi is currently in second place for the championship and only a handful of points away from the multi-champion Ernie Francis Jr.
Drissi, Lucas SlickMist, Burtin Racing are all heading to Road America on August 6th through 8th for the next round of Trans-Am Presented by Pirelli. You can follow the Lucas SlickMist Camaro and Tomy Drissi live by downloading the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli app in the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
About Lucas Slick Mist:
Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
Follow Lucas Oil on Social Media at:
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
· 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
· 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
· 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
· 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
· 2009 Trans-Am Champion
· 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
· 2011 saw Tomy’s return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
· 2012, Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Lagna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
· 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
· 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
· 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
· 2015 TUDOR Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
· 2016 WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
· 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
· 2017 WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
· 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
· 13 wins, 51 podiums, approximately 75 top fives and 12 poles
· Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
Follow Tomy Drissi on Social Media at the following:
For media inquiries and booking opportunities, contact:
Cezel at firstname.lastname@example.org