Tomy Drissi Ready to Hit The Bricks at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
June 15, 2018
Trans Am Champion,Tomy Drissi, in the No. 8 GoShare Chevrolet Camaro, will join Burtin Racing for the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli Berryman Trans Am at the Brickyard, June 14-17. A three day event, will see Trans Am’s 60-car entry tackling the 2.43 mile road course at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
“This is going to be an incredible weekend,” noted Tomy. “Racing at the Brickyard is always a special occasion for any driver. But looking at this week’s entry list, Trans Am has attracted a star studded list of entries across all of its classes.”
“The TA class will see the return of Boris Said,” added Tomy. “We haven’t seen Boris in a TA car since 2005. It’ll be great having him in the field.”
“The Burtin Racing crew will be fielding two Camaros this weekend,” Tomy continued. “Lawrence Loshak will be driving the No. 2 Pennzoil / GoShare Camaro… hopefully, working together, we’ll be able to gather twice the data through practice.”
In addition to racing for the overall TA win, Tomy will also be going for the Trans Am West win, accumulating points for his championship campaign. The Berryman Trans Am at the Brickyard is a combined event for the Series.
The Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli will be in action this weekend in the Berryman Trans Am at the Brickyard, a three day event featuring Trans Am’s 60-car entry tackling the 2.43 mile road course at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway in two competitions: the TA2 class’ Berryman Muscle Car Challenge and the multi-class Berryman Trans American featuring TA, TA3 and TA4.
The event is Trans Am’s second-ever appearance at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and will feature the TA2 class’ Berryman Muscle Car Challenge Saturday June 16 at 2:40 PM ET and the TA, TA3 and TA4 classes’ Berryman Trans American Sunday June 17 at 3:15 PM ET. Also in attendance will be the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association holding their Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational.
Fans can catch the action from Trans Am’s two races through live streaming, free on Motor Trend On Demand, with replays of the stream available following the event for Motor Trend On Demand subscribers.
The weekend will also be showcased at CBS Sports Network Sunday July 1 at 2:00 PM ET in a 60-minute highlight show and weekend recap.
Keep up with Tomy at http://www.tomydrissi.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tomydrissi/ - Catch Tomy’s Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/tomydrissi
Tomy Drissi is an American driver and Trans Am Champion.
His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, NASCAR and Speed World Challengea
Born December 9 in Hollywood, California, Tomy owns an advertising firm that produces upcoming film displays for cinemas.
Drissi's first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
• 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year,
• 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver,
• 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the Year
• 2000 Trans-Am Long Beach Champion
• 2009 Trans-Am Champion.
• 2010 ALMS (one off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mid Ohio
• 2011 saw Tomy's return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mid Ohio,1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and second at Road Atlanta -Petit Le Mans.
• 2012, Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and second at the season finale, Petit Lemans.
• 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th.
• 2014 IMSA LMPC at Daytona 3rd.
• 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
• 2015 TUDOR Series. 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
• 2016 WeatherTech Series. 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
• 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
• 2017 WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta