Chevrolet Performance Features Napieralski at SEMA
October 31, 2017
TODD NAPIERALSKI’S CAMARO RUNS AT THE FRONT OF THE FIELD WITH CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE ZL1 1LE PARTS
PARTNER RELEASE - For more than 50 years, SCCA Trans Am has pitted production-based race cars in one of motorsports’ most exciting and enduring road-racing series. One of the standout competitors today is Todd Napieralski, who drives this Camaro SS racecar in the Trans Am TA4 class. He drove it to a second-place finish at Road America in its first outing.
Part of Napieralski’s competitive edge with the Camaro comes from ZL1 1LE chassis and suspension components that enhance the car’s road-holding and handling capabilities. When built last year with the cooperation of Chevrolet Performance and Total Performance Racing, the ZL1 1LE components were mostly concept parts, but they have been incorporated in the production Camaro ZL1 1LE and many are available for purchase from Chevrolet Performance. That means any racer with a Gen Six Camaro SS can use them to build a more competitive racecar.
CAMARO SS PRODUCTION COMPONENTS
• LT1 6.2L V-8 engine
• Six-speed manual transmission
• Brembo performance brakes
• Limited-slip differential
CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE PARTS
• ZL1 1LE-Spec Multimatic DSSV® Lowering and Handling Suspension Upgrade System (P/N 84352121) — Forged on the track and developed for the track-capable ZL1 1LE, this suspension system features Multimatic DSSV® dampers, combined with front and rear coil springs, and a ZL1 1LE-spec front sway bar. Ride height is reduced by up to 10mm and the system offers a 22 percent decrease in roll gradient, as well as a 245 percent increase in front spring stiffness. The front ride height is also adjustable for corner weighting and track use, with the ability to quickly switch from street to track camber settings.
• ZL1 1LE-Spec Suspension Upgrade System (P/N 84352119) — This kit complements the ZL1 1LE-Spec Multimatic Lowering and Handling Suspension Upgrade System (P/N 84352121). This off-road-only, track-tested system offers racers front ride links, front handling links, rear upper and lower trailing links and rear knuckles, as well as stiffer bushings and ball joints to reduce suspension flex. Compared to the Camaro SS, the upper and lower trailing links are 71 percent stiffer, while the rear link inner bushings are 58 percent stiffer. There’s also a 4 percent reduction in roll gradient in addition to 1LE Spec Multimatic Lowering and Handling Suspension Upgrade System enhancement.
• ZL1-spec solid-mounted rear cradle mounts — These mounts help reduce deflection in the rear suspension, for enhanced stability and more direct handling.
• ZL1 rear spoiler — This aggressive ZL1-style spoiler kit can reduce vehicle lift on the track for Camaro LS, LT and SS models when used with the Camaro SS accessory ground effects or front splitter package.
ZL1 1LE CONCEPT PARTS
• ZL1 1LE front fascia and front fenders
• ZL1 1LE grille
• Front splitter and dive planes
• ZL1 extractor hood
The Camaro TA4-Spec race car joins approximately 20 additional Chevrolet models this week at the SEMA Show, Oct. 31-Nov. 3. Follow the action at ChevySEMA.com, #CHEVYSEMA, @ChevroletPerformance on Instagram and Chevrolet Performance on Facebook.
# # #